* TOO much heat - turn the temp down. The hotter your irons, the more damage you cause.
* HARSH brushing/combing - always use a wide tooth comb and avoid tearing through your ends. Take your time and detangle properly. If the tangling continues, its probably time for a trim and a treatment.
* DAILY shampooing or using the wrong shampoo - daily shampooing strips your natural hair oils, leaving your hair dry and brittle. Be sure to use shampoos with simple, natural ingredients, without harsh chemicals.
* OVER coloring - too much coloring (overlapping) can damage the cuticle. This can lead to permanent damage that can only be fixed with a big chop.
* OVER relaxing - improper relaxing (overlapping) can also damage the cuticle, which can also lead to permanent damage that can only be fixed with.....you guessed it....a big chop.
*These are the most common culprits